Sunday, November 14, 2010

The roundabouts & inbetweens

In my car there are animal crackers crunched into the baby's seat and carpet, juice splatters on the vinyl, sticky fingerprints on the windows, bouncing balls and board books cluttering the floor boards, a sturdy stroller in the trunk, a few loose sweater & blankies for the upcoming cold weather, a handful of restuarant napkins in the glove box, Toy Story in the travel DVD player for fussy car rides...

In my living room live about 1800 different kinds of sports balls, 5 different baseball bats, books with various pages torn out (one special, very loved "Bubbles, Bubbles" Sesame Street cardboard book has duct tape holding the binding together) various wheeled scooter toys great for pushing cousins in, lots of floor/throw pillows for pillow fights & cuddle sessions, a CD binder stuffed to the gills of Wiggles, Kidsongs, Sesame Street, Elmo's Greatest Hits, Nanny McPhee, Toy Story (1,2 & 3) Shrek, Little Women...

My "purse" contains one tiny wrist-wallet with my necessary id's and payment methods, a wipes case, 2 spare disposable diapers at all times, a package of crackers, a few errant gum wrappers, chap stick and a hairbrush.

My mind flutters through memories of first smiles, fits, words, feedings, cereal spills, sneezes, staring at my son while he sleeps, rocking chair giggles, bumps, bruises....

And my heart houses the love that beats & grows in size every second that I spend with my miracle child!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even realize you had been posting all this publicly until today! Way to go Memmie!!

    ReplyDelete