Monday, November 29, 2010

Blogging in Bed

All I can say is: I really love WiFi, and my laptop, and our pillowtop mattress. I can veg out in front of cable tv (on mute) while listening to my playlist and enjoy a warming cup of cocoa. This is my idea of self indulgence. My sweet baby boy is snoozing in his room, Big Daddy is in the living watching "his shows" and I'm back here, in the quiet stillness surrounded by fluffy pillows and warm blankets.

Forget the facials and shopping sprees and spa days; I'll take a quiet half hour at home-sweet-home to recharge my batteries, reflect on the day, and be ever so grateful for the things I have in my life. A few moments to Thank the Man in Charge for another blessing filled day.

My nephew asking "Mommy! (sometimes Memmie) Watch!?!" Seeing my sister hug and kiss her son and mine. My Westin giving me random hugs and kisses, and my husband catching me off guard in a sweet confession of just how awed he is at our amazing child. Wishing my ill sister a better day tomorrow, and telling another sister to soak in all the youth of her babies now cause it'll be all too soon that they'll be leaving the nest and her at home willing them to come back and get under her feet and raise a ruckus.

Everyday I'm reminded that my Westin won't stay little for long. He grows and changes so much by the minute! It seems like it was just last month that he learned how to sit up unassisted, and now he's walking and talking, pointing out the "Pane!" (plane) and "Pih-ees" (pretties)...

So I'll rock him and let him twirl my hair until he tires of it. (I had considered cutting my hair in a short bob, but I think I'll leave the length so he can continue to run his fingers through it.) I'll pick him up and tote him on my hip until I just can't carry him anymore. The days are quickly running out, I know this all too well. Then other childish rites will replace the baby milestones...

But until then, I'll tuck in my little Wessie-poo, wish him sweet dreams and whisper 'I love you, booger boo' in his ear and slowly walk out of his bedroom door, smiling at him all the way. Then I'll sit for a few moments and enjoy just sitting; until it gets too quiet and I start wishing for daylight and for my boy to be awake again.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment