Monday, December 6, 2010

Dizzy spells, sleep and fun with ICE

Plainly put: this weekend left absolutely zero time for blogging. Friday night I was hit with a crazy dizzy spell that could have taken down an elephant. I took some phenergan for the nausea and completely crashed at 900. I had high hopes of staying up until midnight and going with my awesome neighbors to the local WalMart to pick up my copy of the "Eclipse" DVD (yes, I'm a 'Twilight Mom'). No such luck. I didn't move from my position of laying sideways across the bed until 430 a.m. when I woke up, changed into some pajamas (I was still in my day clothes) unwound the covers and went back to sleep. Turns out, my loving and adorable husband went to said store at "uh, probably 1230 or 1 a.m." to purchase my movie. It was waiting for me on our lamp table when I woke with our son at 8 a.m. Saturday morning.

And most of Saturday was spent trying to sleep off the effects of the anti-nausea medicine I had taken the night before. Wes and I cuddled in the recliner reading books (still in our pjs) or layed on the floor playing blocks. The entire house (dogs included) napped from about 12 to 2 p.m. We didn't dress for the day until about 4 when we went out to get some sunshine, and grab a (light) bite to eat.

Sunday (after a night of very restful sleep), we woke rejuvinated and were treated to the awesomeness that is the Gaylord Hotel's ICE exhibit. The theme this year was "A Charlie Brown Christmas" -- a very, very cold tent (approx. 12 to 17 degrees F) filled to the max with ice sculptures depicting Charles Schulz's imagination at its best.






We had such a great time. We took the scenic route home, and even stopped off at Big Daddy's favorite Camping/Hunting Outfitters store to let Wes see the big "Pishies!" (fish)

All in all, an entire weekend spent with my small family of 3 and an outing with our large family of 14 (minus a sister and her hubby) makes for a happy and grateful mama.

P.S. While I didn't post about any 'service' this weekend -- I did go through my clothes and have quite a hefty bag ready for donation! :)

P.P.S. I am also doing (most) 'service' posts on my personal FB acct. Friday's was Friends of Wednesday's Child ~ "Friends of Wednesday's Child steps in to help make [a foster child's] new life in foster care joyful and to ensure that their needs are met. Friends of Wednesday's Child is the only organization that provides funds to fulfill the specific needs of North Texas foster children when no one else can or will so they are able to have as normal a childhood as possible." and today (Monday's) is Susan G. Komen for the Cure

P.P.P.S. Watch for tomorrow's post on Locks of Love

1 comment:

  1. Pishies...how cute!

    We were wondering where you turned off...

    ReplyDelete