Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why can't we know Why?

Here's a list of things I should be doing:

1. Vacuuming (ugh...)
2. washing/folding/putting away laundry
3. organizing/cleaning out paperwork in office
4. sleeping

instead I chose to blog. I may, however, regret it if my son wakes up when I'm slipping into bed.

But I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep without putting my worries into words and 'getting it off my chest':

My heart is hurting for my sister toinght. She is facing the same troubles that I did (and do) when I was trying to get pregnant. Her situation is a bit more complicated though, as my brother-in-law is not open to adoption as my husband still is. She called me this afternoon, in fairly good spirits, to tell me about her Half Priced Books find today. A comedic & sarcastic look into the world of infertility; how to answer the good-intentioned friends when they ask 'why you don't have kids yet' and mothers' stories of how they 'beat' infertility.

There are many injustices in this world that I know I will never understand. I only ask that God be with my sis tonight, and ease some of the heartache I know she's going through, and is yet to endure in her journey to become a Mommy.

I love you, big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment