Sunday, February 21, 2010

In the shuffle (on my Playlist)

I have a very, very eclectic taste in music. Artists on my playlists include: my all time favorite Jewel, Andrea Bocelli, the Dixie Chicks, Robert Pattinson, Iron and Wine, Elvis Presley, Mandy Moore, Sarah MacLachlan, Enigma, Metallica, Stain'd, Stevie Nicks, Rob Thomas (Matchbox 20), Counting Crows, Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, The Shins, Stoney LaRue, the Rolling Stones, Sheryl Crow, Dolly Parton, Prince, Ludacris, **I think you get the picture**

Anyhow, one night while perusing Playlist.com (and being a total narcissist: i.e. searching for songs with the title of my same name) I happened upon an artist named Catherine MacLellan. The love I have for a solo acoustic guitar, and a folksy Soprano made "Emily's Song" an immediate favorite....

"Emily's Song"

When the rain pours down like this
on the working days,
you could just lay in bed,
but you know that you can’t stay there.


Well your whole life’s changing,
you got the house for sale,
23 years rearranging,
each breath seems a sad exhale.


Well love can be so forgiving,
gives you one more reason to live,
you just keep on breathing…


When the rain pours down like this,
and it just won’t stop,
its hard to recall asking the weather,
to send down those drops.


So let’s dance, let the water find us,
let’s gather round.
Love is coming at us from every angle,
let our joy abound.


Yes love can be so forgiving,
gives you one more reason to live.
You just keep on breathing…


So please don’t let me stop moving,
don’t let me sink on down.
I can feel my mind start losing,
I don’t have time for that right now.


So let’s dance let the water find us,
let’s gather round.
Love is coming at us from every angle
Let our joy abound,
Let our joy abound!

No comments:

Post a Comment